Monday, April 18, 2016

Just Tell Them, "She Tried."

Before I go any further, I thought it would be appropriate to let everyone know who I am.  Many of you have been so kind to join my Facebook page and read this blog,  You're going to trust me to provide you with valuable information.  So...I thought it would be important to tell you all about me.

Well, I'm originally from Windsor, Connecticut.  Yes, it's cold up there.  Very cold.

I received a Bachelor of Science from Temple University in Community Health Education in 1998.  For a year after college, I taught a health class to at-risk girls at an inner-city middle school in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.  I decided to go to Rutgers University for physical therapy school and graduated with a Master in Physical Therapy in  December of 2001.

From there I moved down to Baltimore, Maryland and began working at the University of Maryland Medical Center in their Shock Trauma division.  There I learned from the best physical therapists around and treated some of the most complicated patients you can think of.  BUT....

I knew that I could do more.  I wanted to spread my wings and fly.  So, I started a business.  After a 12 week course in business ownership at the Women's Entreupreuners of Baltimore, I launched Rapha Physical Therapy.  That was in 2003. I started out just contracting with facilities that were short on physical therapists.  And it grew.  I gained a wonderful mentor, Rodger Henning, who really taught me about owning a business.

I ended up moving out to California Thanksgiving weekend of 2005.  I had an uncle in Los Angeles and we had always talked about starting a business together.  He was an occupational therapy assistant and very passionate about his profession.  I was all set to move out here and he ended up passing.  I came anyways.  Somehow, I just thought he would want me to.

To make a long story short, I established Rapha Physical Therapy in Montclair, California in December of 2006 and have been here ever since.  I met my husband on a blind date in 2005 and ended up getting hitched in 2007.  We now have two beautiful children.   My background is in neurology and pediatrics.  I have worked in the pediatric ICU's of Cedar Sinai and Kaiser Permanente and have attended tons of continuing education courses.

Today my practice provides physical, occupational and speech therapy services to both adults and children.  Our mission is to provide outstanding services to the ones we serve and I have to say, my therapists do a GREAT job.  (Seriously...check out our yelp reviews. Type in Rapha Physical Therapy. We're one of the best in our area.)

So that is little old me.  I encourage you to ask questions, share your ideas, vent your frustrations and just be yourself.  Let's walk this journey together.  Although I've been practicing for 15 years now, there's still so much to learn.  When all is said and done, I want people to say this about me: "She tried."


No comments:

Post a Comment